Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Strokes | The Best Videos

I've started listening to The Strokes again recently and thought I would put some of the better videos up, just for nostalgia's sake.

Hard To Explain

Dir. Roman Coppola

Idyllic. Everything that sums up The Strokes' retro original debut style is portrayed in this video. It's my favourite video and track of theirs.


Last Nite

Dir. Roman Coppola

Cool, live performance they used as the official video. Again, Coppola going for his 80s TV look. 

12:51
Dir. Roman Coppola

This was the first video of theirs that looked like a good bit of money was put into it. It's a shame the other high budget videos were absolute bollocks. eg. Juicebox, The End Has No End, You Only Live Once.

Reptilia

Dir. Jake Scott

Although I wasn't blown away by this video, it's still a very effective, simple idea.


You Only Live Once (Alternate Video)

Dir. Warren Fu

This should have been the official video for this track. It has the whole retro 80s vibe to it again. The original video was terrible. Terrible concept, and the first problem I noticed the first time I watched it was the shoddy editing.  That shit gives me hope.


Someday

Dir. Roman Coppola


12:51 (Alternate Video)

Dir. Roman Coppola

More hanging out and looking cool for the alternate video for 12:51




Although I hated the following video, the performance piece is so cool. The whole video should have just been one shot. If Roman Coppola directed it, it probably would have been like that.

The End Has No End

Dir.  Sophie Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment